ib-opensm-x86 (32-bit version) and ib-opensm-x64 (64-bit version)
This is an InfiniBand Subnet Manager prepared by Raphaël Schitz @ Hypervisor.fr
Note: This package was not yet tested with ESXi 6.0!
- The 32-bit version should be prefered over 64-bit for ESXi 5.0 and 5.1
- VSAN is not supported yet because the IB message timeout is too high on opensm so network isolation will occur during master election.
- The daemon embedded in the vib will start as many instance as necessary so if you have multiple ports/cards, there will be an opensm process started for it
- On ESXi 5.0 and 5.1 you can change the MTU but not on 5.5 (For details see )
- SRP is working on Nexenta 3.x (For details see )
- This package is absolutely not supported by Mellanox nor by VMware!
- If needed, please post a comment on the blog 
Vendor (Vendor Code)
Dependencies and Restrictions
|Requires MaintMode||Live Install Allowed||Live Remove Allowed||Stateless Ready||Overlay|
- ib-opensm-x86 (32-bit version)
- ib-opensm-x64 (64-bit version)